Chocolate and peanut butter…best combo EVER! Frozen, makes them the perfect summer treat!! Really - these are amazingly good. And so easy to make that every sweet-lover in your life will start accepting these as a form of currency.
1 cup natural peanut butter
6 tbs pure maple syrup
3 tbs tapioca flour (or similar substitute)
1 tsp salt
1.5 cups dark chocolate chips
Other ingredients as desired - like pretzels or banana - experiment!
1. Combine the peanut butter, syrup, flour and salt in a bowl and mix well
2. Now - get your hands dirty - grab small amounts of the peanut butter with your hands and roll into small, bite-sized balls. Place them on parchment paper on a cookie sheet or cutting board - something you can throw in the freezer
3. Have you guessed the next part yet? Yup - throw them in the freezer until they congeal nicely into firm little bundles of delicious.
4. Temper or melt the dark chocolate. If you have a double-boiler or something of the sort, you already know how to do this - if not, find two pots: one you can place on the other without it falling in entirely. Fill the bottom pot 1/4 full with water, then put the other on top - boil the water, then place the dark chocolate chips in the top pot - stir gently until they melt into gooey chocolate goodness.
5. I was really indelicate about this part - pull the peanut butter balls from the freezer and toss them into the chocolate one at time, scoop them out with a small spoon, and place them back on the parchment. If you want your balls to look nice, let the excess chocolate spool back into the pot once you pull the balls out, then smooth over with the bottom side of a spoon.
6. Place the balls back in the freezer, and - this is the hardest part - wait. Wait, wait, and wait and wait for about half a day, if not more. I waited a full 24 hours before the peanut butter and the chocolate reached the perfect consistency. And it drove me mad. Nuts. Loco. So I stole a few from myself while I was waiting...don't tell anyone.
And that's it!! Totally easy, absolutely delicious, and people actually believe I labored for hours to make them. Until now. Crap. I think I just called myself out...