These are basically like a giant Reese’s Cup, but instead of peanut butter, there is a Key Lime Pie inside!!
1. Pour melted chocolate in tart pan, spreading to coat the sides. Place in the freezer for a few minutes to set.
2. Pat graham cracker crust crumbs into the bottom of the chocolate coated tart pan.
3. Carefully spread Key Lime filling over the crust, leaving a bit of room on the top.
4. Pour melted chocolate over filling and spread carefully to the edge.
12 oz Chocolate
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tbs butter, melted
Key Lime Filling:
1/4 cup Key Lime juice
4 oz (1/2 an 8 oz block) cream cheese, softened
1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
1. Make your filling: In the bowl of a mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk and Key Lime juice and beat on medium until fully combined. Refrigerate a couple of hours, until thickened.
2. Make your crust: Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Spread on a large baking sheet and bake for about 5 minutes, until mixture is just slightly toasted.
3. Melt ( or temper) chocolate. Spread in small tart pans and place in the freezer for a few minutes until hardened. Spoon some graham cracker crust in the bottom of each and press lightly into the bottom. Spoon filling over the top and carefully spread. Top with more chocolate and freeze until firm.
Notes: These remove from the pans really easily. Just give the pan a little squeeze and they pop right out.
Store these Chocolate Key Lime Pie Cups in the fridge or freezer. I prefer them frozen.
Recipe and photo shared from: http://www.confessionsofacookbookqueen.com/2012/03/chocolate-covered-key-lime-pie-recipe/