Celebrate National Butterscotch Brownie Day with these delectable chocolate covered Butterscotch Brownie bites!!
1 box brownie mix (9x13 size)
eggs, oil, and water called for on brownie box
1/2 cup Butterscotch Chips
2 cups Milk or Dark chocolate chips (or other dipping chocolate)
1. Make brownies according to package instructions, adding butterscotch chips into batter. Under bake them by just a few minutes, so they're really soft... not runny or gooey. Just really soft.
2. Allow them to cool completely. Once they're cooled, using a cookie scoop, scoop sections of brownie and roll them into balls, slightly smaller than 1 inch.
3. Place on a wax paper covered baking sheet and refrigerate or freeze until completely chilled. I left mine in the freezer overnight.
4. Melt chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave(or temper chocolate in your tempering machine for a nice high gloss finish).
5. Dip brownie balls into chocolate covering completely. The best way I've found to do this, is by using two spoons, and rolling the ball back and forth between the two spoons, allowing the excess to drip off.
6. Place dipped brownie ball on a wax covered cookie sheet and allow to cool completely. Embellish as you please, with sprinkles, drizzled chocolate, nuts, etc. and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: http://zumfressen.blogspot.com/2010/04/peanut-butter-chocolate-brownie-bites.html