Today is National Date Nut Bread Day, but what fun is bread? Unless you are dipping it in chocolate...hmm maybe an idea for later.... Anyways, this recipe sounds very close to the recipe on our friends baconaddicts.com page, only we are going to dip it in savory tempered chocolate and make candy out of it!
4 strips of bacon
almond butter (enough to spread)
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
coconut shreds (garnish)
1. Depending on the size of the dates, I cut them in half or quarter.
2. Then cut the strips of bacon in half. A half of a piece of bacon is enough to wrap around the date.
3. Spread a thin layer of almond butter on the bacon.
4. Wrap the dates.
5. Put them on a cookie sheet pan and bake them in the oven at 400 degrees for about 10-15 minutes. 6. I usually flip them nibbles of goodness around 7-8 minutes.
7. Cook them just until the bacon is done but not too crispy.
8. Temper or melt the chocolate and drizzle on or dip them right on in until covered/partially covered.
9. Garnish with coconut shreds!
10. Eat them before someone else does. Yes, they are really that delish.
thanks to: http://www.sh1tcrossfitgirlsdo.com/2013/01/bacon-wrapped-chocolate-covered-dates.html