These easy Oreo Truffles are a favorite for all ages! This recipe calls for only three ingredients, so kids can help roll the balls and dip the candies, and they’ll like the familiar taste of Oreo cookies! Great last minute party snack!!
1 bag Oreo cookies (any flavor)
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
8 oz. white chocolate, melted or tempered
1. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Set aside 6 Oreo cookies, and finely crush the rest of the cookies in a blender or food processor.
3. If using a food processor, add the cream cheese in large chunks and pulse a few times to until the candy consistency is that of dough. If you don’t have a food processor, stir together the softened cream cheese and crumbs until the candy is well-mixed.
4.Place the candy in the refrigerator to firm up for about 1 hour.
5. Using a teaspoon or candy scoop, form 1-inch balls and roll between your hands until they are round. Place the candies on the prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate them while you prepare the dipping chocolate and cookie topping.
6. Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted, stirring after every minute (or temper chocolate in your tempering machine). Allow the chocolate to cool slightly, but do not let it harden.
7. Coarsely chop the reserved cookies (out cookies only, not creme), creating coarse cookie crumbs.
8. Dip the candy balls in the melted chocolate and place on the foil-lined baking sheet. While the chocolate is still wet, top each with some crushed Oreo cookie crumbs. Repeat with remaining truffles, and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chocolate has hardened.