I am still inspired by the Halloween theme ...so I decided to come up with these little treats. It takes a bit of time (and some broken pretzels) to get the bats shaped with the pretzels, but it's worth it in the long-run. I'm surprised how well they turned out!
milk chocolate or dark chocolate
sprinkles, for the eyes
(I didn't include measurements, make as much as you like!)
1. Trim the pretzels to shape them like bats.
2. Temper your chocolate or, in a heatproof bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave or a double boiler, stirring every 20 seconds until just smooth.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire rack on top. Coat the pretzels in the chocolate and place them on the wire rack to dry.
4. Add the candied sprinkles (for the eyes) quickly after coating the pretzels in chocolate.
5. Let cool for 4-24 hours in a cool place.
thanks to: http://www.therecipediva.com/recipe/Chocolate-Covered-Halloween-Bats-73441